Chicken, Chickpea & Olive Bake
Created for The Real Olive Company by Cornish chef James Strawbridge, this healthy, heart-warming bake is perfect to recreate that summery feeling in the dead of winter. The chicken can easily be replaced with Fry's Family Meat Free Chicken Style strips (code 5792) for our vegan friends.
- 2 chicken breasts (code 2036)
- 200 g chopped tomato (code 71119)
- 200 g Bar Mix Pitted Olives (Tricolore) (code 92925)
- 150 g drained chickpeas (code 9422)
- 100 ml white wine (code 56033)
- 12 vine cherry tomatoes (code 4399)
- 6-8 artichoke hearts (code 2027)
- 1/2 fennel bulb (code 8843)
- 4 cloves garlic (code 9672)
- 2 preserved lemons (code 390)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (code 3512)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (code 3756)
- 2 tbsp dried oregano (code 3328)
- Sea salt & pepper (code 3809)
- Handful torn basil leaves (code 8523)
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C
- Prep the fresh ingredients. Peel and roughly chop the garlic cloves. Thinly slice the fennel bulb and the preserved lemon. Clean the chicken breasts if need be and roughly dice.
- Simply combine all ingredients apart from the basil leaves in a large cast-iron skillet, roasting tray or casserole dish. Stir well and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 mins and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve with either couscous, a soft roll to mop up the sauce or on a bed of steamed wild rice (code 8653).
- Why not try using hot pickled garlic (code 55967), semi-dried tomatoes (code 27285) or finishing with feta cheese (code 8957) and wilted spinach (code 8622) for a twist on this rustic recipe.
Source: The Real Olive Company