Braised beef ravioli with sun-dried tomato pesto
La Tua's slow-cooked braised beef is always a crowd-pleaser. It takes time to marinate the beef and slowly melt the Sofrito but the results make it all worth it. The richness of the red wine comes through and it makes perfect sense that the combination of braised beef and pasta is a naturally wonderful comfort food. To this combination, we add a sundried tomato pesto that originally hails from Trapani in Western Sicily. In olden times, Genoese ships coming from the East stopped in Trapani harbour and of course, the Genoese introduced the Sicilians to Pesto. Over time the Sicilians modified the original recipe to feature local ingredients such as sundried tomatoes. This pesto, while less well known than its green cousin, is a perfect complement to a more corpulent filling such as braised beef. We finish the dish with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- 250 g La Tua Pasta Braised Beef Ravioli (code 86221)
- 165 g Sun-dried tomato pesto (code 6717)
- 30 g Parmigiano Reggiano (code 6171)
- In a large sauce pan add 1 litre of salted water for every 100g of pasta. For 250g of pasta add 2.5 litres of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and put in the ravioli.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes depending on preference.
- Put the pesto in a pan and transfer the ravioli using a slotted spoon making sure that some of the starchy pasta waster makes into the pan with the pesto. (The starchy pasta water is the secret to getting a good coating of the pesto on ravioli).
- Stir the pesto into the ravioli gently and plate with Parmesan on top as a garnish.
- Buon Appetito!
Source: La Tua Pasta